BJ ENTERTAINMENT

BJ ENTERTAINMENT
G PIANO ON KAFAYA

LOVELESS STILL (POEM)

I sit here, reading poems about love,
As I imagine my own life, loveless still,
I could have had you, sleeping in my arms,
But here I am sitting, with my broken will,
The things I longed for, all found in your heart,
Your poetry enticed me, an unending thrill,
For in years of waiting, I never thought I’d find,
A resource so precious, worth more than my quill,
Though the dream was short lived, like a fairytale,
I enjoyed every bit of it, the emotion and the feel,
Awaking to the butterflies, an experience so neat,
Getting lost in imagination, forgetting what was real.
And though ‘cos I respect you, I have to let go,
Deep down it hurts me, as I spiral downhill.
I knew yet so little, but wanted so much,
I pushed too hard, I ended up with a spill.
Now broken and shattered, like pieces of glass,
I imagine my own life, loveless still.

No comments: